Wednesday, May 14, 2014

One more day! And breakfast!

Today is the last full day before surgery, this time tomorrow I will be in the middle of the nefrectomy!  Its and exciting thing to think about, I am ready for it to all be behind us.  I have a great support system of friends and family.  Lots of messages and phone calls yesterday to say they were thinking about us and I am sure there will be more today.  My only real message to people is don't worry about us.  Think about us in your prayers and all but try not to worry. Hearing about people worrying doesn't help me, plus the surgeons perform this surgery all the time and are pros at it.  Trust in the science, if these surgery goes successful most of the time it should this time too.  I know my surgeon hasn't had any serious complications arise from any of his patients and Dave's surgeon is supposed to be great at what he does as well.

Okay, on another note I had a great breakfast provided for me today by my coworkers!  They are awesome and love all excuses to celebrate things with food!
Muffins and Fruit


Waffles and Coffee

Eggs (a rare occasion where Joe made something! He will probably bring up the time he made eggs from now until he retires)

Bacon

Everything!

Breakfast was a great way to start my last day before surgery.  Now only light food till tomorrow I don't want to get nauseous.  

Reading over my Advanced Directive stuff today and planning the trip to the hospital later.  I want to spend as much time with Dave as possible because I know I'll be worried about him after surgery more then myself (I know I said not to worry and I know its hard not too) and I don't know how long until we are both up and moving and ready for visitors it will be after the surgeries are over.  

Optimism is the key at the moment and I think I am ready to go!
Thanks Everyone for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment