Tuesday, May 13, 2014

all the calls

Today everyone is calling to confirm details and see if I have any questions.

First was the social worker.  She called to make sure I wasn't being pressured to do this.  She also wanted to make sure I wasn't receiving any money or things like a diamond ring.  (I rolled my eyes at that one)  She also wanted to go over the risks again and let me know this isn't a cure just a treatment and it could reject.  All things I know about.  She also said my room at the hospital would have snacks, drinks, a TV and a computers, donors get the upscale rooms.  She also wanted to make sure my family was doing okay and know the people I would be around after surgery.  I told her we lived with another couple and when she asked for their names I said "Kristin and f.... Bryon."  It would have been interesting explaining Fi's name to the social worker. (for those that read this and don't know my housemates name is Bryon but we call him Fi which is his nickname from high school that stands for fucking idiot) I should see her again on Friday after the surgery but she will be seeing my mom at least on Thursday while she waits for me to get out of surgery.

Then my coordinator (well 2nd coordinator my first one is out on maternity leave, which is funny because so is Dave's original coordinator) called to just go over what I should do tomorrow.  Eat a normal breakfast and lunch and a light dinner. Nothing after midnight.  Work is doing a breakfast thing tomorrow so I will just eat a bigger breakfast then usual and a smaller lunch and I think it should all work out.  The Coordinator told me to be there at 6am on Thursday ready to go.

Its so soon now!  I am going to try and get pictures though out the day and maybe one of my kidney.  I'll put my mom in charge of these things mostly because I will be out of it.  I think pictures will be a more exciting way to share my experience here.

So yeah, I'm excited to get this over with, one more day then Transplant Day!

1 comment:

  1. YOU GOT THIS! So weirdly excited and nervous for you! XD lots of hugs and love and Rita's/chessecake soon. <3

    ReplyDelete