Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Getting Things Together

I am feeling good about the surgery at the moment.  I only need 5.5 hours of comp time (which I can get) to take off just shy of 3 weeks of work.  Meaning if I stay out for 3 weeks I'll only miss 2 days of pay, which is exciting, and some people may still donate some of their comp time to me so I may be fully covered!  I also set up the spending log already so it will be easier for my coworker to do while I'm out, and I will try and put in payroll as far out as I can with the information I know on Thursday so that is take care of as well.  Its nice to have time to prepare things before the surgery.

Then at home Dave and I are doing ALL the laundry this week/weekend, and cleaning up our room and stuff so we don't have to worry about it much after the surgery.  I think we should probably go grocery shopping sometime next week so we have food around the house after the surgery and don't have to go get anything.

Its getting more real with every passing day, I keep waiting for something to delay it again (although I DO NOT want that to happen), but hopefully everything stays on track.  Some days I am anxious about the whole thing and others calm, but overall no matter what I'm feeling I cannot wait for the relief and freedom Dave and I will feel after the surgery is over, when the kidney is working, and when everyone is healed!  The idea of not living our lives around a dialysis schedule, the thought of Dave being healthy and happy, is enough to keep me excited and ready for the surgery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment