Tuesday, December 2, 2014

#givingtuesday

It is Giving Tuesday and that means I want to talk to you about the Cupids Undie run.  I know this is not Kidney related and I should really post an update about that soon (blood work in the next week or so to make sure everything is still good, as soon as I have that information I will share.).

The Cupid's Undie run is a run to help end Neurofibromatosis, a disorder that causes tumors to grow in and disrupts cell growth in ones nervous system.  It can be very painful.  The run is done in February in the freezing cold (at least in our location, it was snowing last year), and in ones underwear.  The reason for this is to show that we are willing to do anything to help find a cure including run in freezing temperatures, through a city, in our underwear.

I am raising donations for the Children's Tumor foundation to help find a cure for this painful disorder.  http://my.cupids.org/AmberWoo These donations go to help people like Meg Rowe Baltimores NF Hero!  She has Neurofibromatosis and it has turned into a form of cancer she is fighting.  She did the run last year and I can not wait to run with her this year as well as raise as much money for her and others who are battling with her.  For more on meg check out her page http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/megrowe.

So if you are looking for a place to give some extra money to this holiday season, check out my page and help find a cure for NF.  Feel free to also give to organizations who deal with transplants too, if not The Children's Tumor Foundation


No comments:

Post a Comment