Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Nothing that new.

Its been awhile now since my last blog post and since the surgery.  Dave and I are both doing well.  Our schedule has been a little over packed lately, possibly because we are making up for all the things we couldn't do a year ago, due to him being on Dialysis.

 I still get dehydrated faster and keep trying to drink lots of water, but I do forget sometimes.  I also on occasion get a slight pain where my kidney used to be.  I am assuming this is still from scar tissue around my muscles and over use of that area at times.  There is also still hardly any sign I had a surgery, people are amazed at the incision site being my belly button and looking so nicely healed.  I haven't forgotten about before and after pics, I have just been busy as mentioned above.  I am going to try and challenge myself to do it by the end of this week, so if you are interested keep an eye out.

Onto other fun things, Dave and I brought home a puppy, something we definitely did not have time for when he was on dialysis.  She is a Brittany and we have named her Echo.  She has a lot of energy and is keeping us both active which is great for the both of us.

Lastly, last year I ran In the Cupid's Undie Run and am planning on doing so again this year.  The run takes place on Valentine's Day and is a mile run around Baltimore City in my Underwear.  The run raises money for The Children's Tumor Foundation to help end neurofirbomatosis(NF).  NF is a genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow on various nerves.  This disorder can cause lots of difficulties for people who have it.  Knowing how bad tumors (B-9 or not) can effect the human body and having personally been effected by someone who has had a different type of genetic tumor causing disorder I feel like this is a great cause to support.  This is why I am passionate about raising money this year to help find a cure for NF.  By running this race I committed to help raise money for the cause.  If you are interested in helping me do that you can donate to my page http://my.cupids.org/AmberWoo .  All donations go to The Children's Tumor Foundation.  

My Team from Last years Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment