Monday, January 6, 2014

Check and Check

I have officially completed my responsibility of the next step, which was the 24hour urine collection followed by blood work.

The 24 hour urine collection wasn't that fun.  More annoying that anything but it did give me an excuse to stay in and have Video Game day.  11 hours of Skyrim played this weekend because I didn't want to tote around my urine jug. ick.  But I finished that at  6am this morning and am glad to be done with it.

Having finished that this morning I left early for work in search of the labcorp that opened at 6:45am hoping to get there when it opened.  But I drove by it the first time without realizing it (I think all labcorps have bad signage) making me get there at 7am.  Walking in after calling work to mention I'd be late I found a packed waiting room, and this isn't even the part of the office that does all the employee drug screens.  So I had to wait 45min to be seen.  But then I gave my blood and was told I would have to give another urine sample.  I found this ironic because I had given them a whole container and been told not to eat or drink anything that morning because of the blood work.... I don't know where they expect it to come from???  But I gave it to them and left with the tech there wishing me good luck as I walked out the door.

They told me that UMMC should have the results in 3 days but to give them another day or two to look at it, so maybe by the end of this week I'll have all the results.  UMMC has been doing things fast so hopefully everything turns out okay and its on to the next step.    Progress.

Kidney in 2014, is the goal of this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment