Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Holy kidney Batman, that was Fast.

So I did all the blood work and urine testing yesterday and most of the results are already back!  Talk about FAST!  So far everything looks good.  :)  My kidneys are working fine, my cholesterol is fine.  The only 2 things were some white blood cells, I'm nor sure why they were there but they are not concerned about it and my blood glucose was high for having fasted for the blood work.  But after doing some googling it turns out levothyroxine (the medication I take for my Hypothyroid) can cause an increased glucose level, and I took that tablet before getting blood work done yesterday.

So next step is an all day appointment at UMMC.  This can be any Thursday but after talking to my mom (I want her to go with me so she can ask all the questions she wants) we are thinking the 16th.  This is very soon, everything is going so fast which is exciting but also nerve racking.   I want to give Dave my kidney I want everything to work out, and the sooner the better its just kind of hard to process everything so fast.   I think that I am going to make sure to write down any questions I come up with between now and the 16th so I remember to ask them.  I think keeping track of all my thoughts will make me less anxious about it all.

Okay, so that is all.  I will keep everyone updated and possibly write all my thoughts and questions here too, great place to keep track of them.

EDIT: Thursday is set up for Jan. 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment