Monday, July 7, 2014

Update

It has been almost 2 weeks since I met with my surgeon about the pain I was having.  Luckily the pain is gone and I am getting back to normal again.

Dave and I had a chance to spend 4th of July at Ocean City, MD.  Its great being able to have him go in pools and things again since he no longer has the dialysis catheter.  We took full advantage of this and spent a day at the water park!

On another note, you can hardly tell I had a surgery at all.  Very little scaring!  One day I will post some before and after pics so you can see how minimal it is.

Lastly, a ECU tech at my job just had a stroke at the age of 28.  I know it isn't kidney transplant related but that is the same age Dave was when he was diagnosed with ESRD, and I know how hard having something major happen to someone so young can be.  So I just wanted to share her fundraising page, to maybe help give  her and her family some more support during this time.  So  if you want to know more feel free to click here.

Okay, that is all, I'll try and put up some before and after pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment