Monday, March 24, 2014

Dave Healing Update

Dave is doing much better.  He came home from the hospital last Thursday night.  It was a surprise to me because I went out to a concert we had tickets too with Jenny (my Dave replacement for the night) and when I came home he was downstairs sitting on the couch.  It was super exciting to see him home even if it was 12am and I just had to go to sleep as soon as I saw him.

It still seems undecided if he actually had an infection or not but they were playing it safe by keeping him at the hospital for so long so I guess I understand that.  But currently he is up and around almost back to normal.  We even went to lunch and a movie on Saturday.  It was nice to be out doing normal things with him again.  His incision is also healing well from what I can see.  He was worried about having a gigantic scar but I think it will heal well and be hardly visible based on what its looking like now.  The only issue he seems to be having is regulating his body temperature, I'm not sure if that is a side effect of having no kidneys or not.  He is always cold and yet always sweating.  Hopefully his body will figure it out with time and we will be transplant bound before we know it!  He meets with the surgeon and I think medical staff on Thursday so maybe they will give him a time line then.  I'm going to try and get him to ask about it, but without me being there I don't know if he will remember.

Okay, that's all for now.  I'm just hoping to have this transplant as soon as possible (after the warrior dash haha) so life can be normal (or as normal as it can be).

No comments:

Post a Comment