Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Undie Run!

So not super kidney related (except that people will be able to gawk at my awesome kidney tattoo) but Fiance/recipient and I will both be running in the Cupid's Undie Run on February 13th.  This is a mile fun run through the Baltimore, MD inner harbor!  Oh and the catch we will be in our underwear!  We are doing the crazy cold event to help raise money for the Children's tumor foundation and to help find a cure fore neurofirbomatosis(NF).  NF is a rare genetic distorter that causes tumors to grow on the nervous system at an uncontrollable rate.  It can cause deafness, blindness, paralysis,  physical deformities, learning disabilities and chronic pain!. There is no cure for NF!  Which is why we are trying out hardest to raise as much money as we can to help the children's tumor foundation continue studying this disorder.

I donated my kidney because of a different horrible genetic disorder, and now I am running in my underwear to help people with a different genetic disorder!  Because of this I am asking that if you read this blog and are able please consider donating to this amazing cause using my link or my recipients links below!

https://my.cupids.org/AmberWoo

https://my.cupids.org/DavidWilson
P.S. Last year we were batman villain themed with Dave being batman.  This year we are doing Pokemon themed!  So if you are interested in some underwear wearing pokemon donate then you will probably see pics posted here!

No comments:

Post a Comment